Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Easy, healthful fudge


Fudge is awesome. It's like having cake icing without the delivery mechanism of the cake part.

I wondered what would happen if I mixed honey & cocoa. Would it give me a nice spreadable icing?

I still wonder because I couldn't stop myself with just honey & cocoa powder!

I figured if I added some coconut oil and put it in the fridge, the whole thing would turn into a nicely set fudge.

Oh sweet mercy- I was right.

So, in case you want to try for yourself, here's the recipe:

Stupidly Easy Crazy Good Fudge

1 Cup non-dutch process cocoa powder

1 Cup virgin cold pressed organic coconut oil softened at room temp (you could use cooled melted butter, but you wouldn't get the same good benefits that the coconut oil would give you)
3/4 Cup UNFILTERED, UNHEATED, RAW honey. The kind that is solid at room temp.
1/2tsp vanilla

Whisk everything together until a nice shiny smooth mixture forms. Pour into parchment lined square baking dish. Refridgerate for 30 minutes until set.

Don't blame me if you make yourself sick from eating the whole pan.

The photo was taken in bad light with my phone. Don't judge.

No comments:

Post a Comment