Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Gift for a friend

We all have a cause.

Everyone has something that we need to share with the rest of the world in order to make it a better place.

One of the people I love most in the world moved away last year.

I admire so much about her.  Above all else, she is a caring mother to her babies.

The other thing, is that she has A LOT of causes.

And I love her for every one of them.

She just had a baby a few days ago and I wish with my whole heart that I could have been there for her.  I would've done laundry, cooked her and her family a meal, read her babies a bedtime story, and scrubbed the toilets- All so she could focus on bringing her sweet baby Earthside.

But, she's nearly a thousand miles away and Carl isn't ready for me to be away from him.  Actually none of the boys would be ready to be without me.  And I don't know that I could be without them.

So, I did what I could for my pal.

I knitted.

I used this pattern as my guide but I didn't want to do all those stripes and take away from the fabulous buttons I wanted to use.
Can you figure out all the causes?

Here's what the finished sweater looks like.


(Home Birthing, Co-Sleeping, Babywearing, Cloth Diapering, Breastfeeding)

At the time I made this, she didn't know if she was having a boy or girl (but I knew it was a boy). I would've added an INTACTIVISM button to it if I'd known for certain...


The buttons were custom made by Tessa Ann.  She is the best button maker on the planet.  She uses a special glaze that allows her buttons to be machine washable.  She is very fast with her communication.  Her buttons are amazingly cute and I can see how many people try to copy her.  But, in my experience- THERE IS NO SUBSTITUTE FOR REAL TESSA ANN BUTTONS!!  Her prices are more than fair. Check her out here or here

No comments:

Post a Comment